Friday, February 12, 2010

Winter Olympics 2010

As the world gathers in Vancouver tonight for the opening ceremonies of the 21st Olympiad, I along with thousands of other knitters will be watching and knitting. Knitters like a challenge and we have adapted our own sort of Knitting Olympics. I have picked my event, WIP Dancing and I will be challenged for sure!

Do you remember this project that I agreed to knit?

Job Security Blanket 004

Job Security Blanket 003
There are a few more rows on there since this picture has been taken.

Well, my challenge will be to finish it by the time the put the flame out in Vancouver. Now as a recap, every row/tier takes 5 hours to complete and I have a whole hell of a lot of rows/tiers to complete to make this a full size blanket. I will be posting progress photos as I go along. Wish me luck, I really want to have this completed and presented to the future owner and release one more obligation in my life :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I remember that. What a project to choose to wrestle! You can do it! I know you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I take it we won't be seeing you for awhile? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete