Friday, July 13, 2007

Updates

I have not blogged in a while, shame on me. I have had somethings to blog about but exhaustion and what my family would call pure laziness took over my world and no blogging was done. However I have stole a few minutes of my work day to bring you a brief update.


1. I got new couches, well, new to me. They were a fantastic deal, that is why I got them. I did not choose them for their impression of Picasso or the beautiful color, I got them because they were in my price range, clean, acceptable to R, and I am having company July 18th and I would not have let my worst enemy (not that I have any?) sit on my previous couches much less sleep on them. After moving them I noticed that I have to make a minor repair, I pulled the bottom lining off the frame during the move,as you can see in the photo. Nothing a little stapling can't fix.

2. June30-JULY1, I missed this, and this, the Kristi bon-voyage party. I am sad that I missed the party, however I was needing to see my grandmothers, one of which was not feeling well at all. As I have mentioned before, both my grandmothers live across the street from each other, it is cute huh? And they watch out for each other, that is even better. My maternal grandmother, she has a computer and reads my blog, HI G'MA!! She crochets and she made me a beautiful afghan which I got when I went down to visit G'ma and Mimi. G'ma, don't be mad, I didn't get a photo of it in time for this blog posting, however, I will post soon. R and I love the afghan (its not a blanket, I know, I know, its an afghan!) Also on the up side of missing the party, I got to visit with my best friend Irene and her cuter than cute daughter Allisandra. Alli was born on R's b-day, so I always remember her big day. Tia Lisa loves little Alli!




3. I have been threatening to knit socks. I even have bought sock yarn and needles, that was back at Easter time. So I decided to dedicate a bit of time to get it really going and I am proud to say that I am almost to the heel flap (whatever the hell that is?!?!?), kidding I sort of know, I just have not done it yet. Looking forward to the magic that everyone says that I will experience. So you are looking at 4-1/2 inches of cuff. I am going to knit about 6 inches and then start the heel. I am using Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock in Little Bunny Foo Foo colorway. Some of you experienced knitters will probably notice something really wrong with the cuff. I am almost willing to make it a contest to guess what it is, but there are too many people from Boba Knits that already heard me declare my ignorance. But if you want to comment, feel free. I just know that it can be fixed in about two more inches.




Today is my mothers birthday, she reads the blog too, HAPPY B-DAY MOM. Tomorrow I am driving up to San Francisco where she lives and take her to a couple of local yarn stores. The gift, I told her that she could pick out a pattern and yarn (with my strong guidance of course) and I would pay for and knit. So good luck to us tomorrow. Hopefully I can get it done before it gets really cold in San Francisco.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how cute is Alli. She is too precious with her cheesy grin!

    Is that the sofa from Emily? That is really cool looking.

    I hope you had a nice visit with your grandmothers. I sure wish mine were still around.

    If you're interested in doing a toe up sock with short row heels, let me know. I can help yoo! :)

    ReplyDelete