Thursday, July 24, 2008

Its all about the caramel corn...

This past Tuesday night, July 22, was the Stitch n Pitch night at the San Francisco Giants game. I had not originally intended to go this year, even though last year was a memorable night, see here. But the day before, my boss asked me if I wanted our companies season tickets on the club level of the stadium.....OF COURSE I DO. So I made contact with knitters that I knew didn't get tickets to the event, Karol (Rav link), Jill and Teenuh. Jill works in the city, so Teenuh, Karol and I took the train up and meet her there. Teenuh has a much better recap of the whole event.


But the best thing about the Giants game is the fresh hand tossed caramel corn that you can ONLY get on the club level. I have been fortunate in the past to get tickets to the games and made attempts to include my good friend Nathania but it never worked out. So she had to hear about this caramel corn from others. Well Tuesday night she got her caramel corn thanks to my club level seats. I bought the corn, took the elevator up to the 5th floor and meet her out in the concessions area of her section.
I went back to where she and the other knitters were sitting to wave hello and then took my happy ass back to my club seat!

The weather this year was much better than last year, the Giants beat the Nationals 6-3 and it was a great night with good friends.

4 comments:

  1. Bummer I didn't get to see you!! SO glad you had some comfy seats!! Love love love that picture with you and Nathania!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you don't know my friend, Denise. She lives there and we just attended the game last Friday night and had a great time. She is a nurse who knits and one of the doctors in surgery knits also. Wish I could have made it for the Stitch and Pitch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute pic of you and Nathania! (That was some good caramel corn too. Yum.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that was over a year ago now... fun times.

    ReplyDelete