Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Unfinished things

I got an email today from a co-worker, she forwarded me a joke of sorts that just struck me funny. So I  thought that I would share it with you.
 
Dr. Phil proclaimed, "The way to achieve inner peace
is to finish all the things you've started and never
finished."

   
So, I looked around my house to see all the things
I started and hadn't finished, and before leaving the
house this morning, I finished off a Bottle of Merlot,
a bottle of White Zinfandel, a bottle of Booker's
bourbon, a bottle of Kahlua, a package of Oreos, the
remainder of my old Prozac prescription, the rest of
the cheesecake, some Doritos and a box of Godiva
Chocolates.

   
You have no idea how friggin' good I feel.

    Please pass this on to those you feel might be in
need of inner peace.
 
I am feeling like I need some inner peace right now, maybe I should look for some unfinished things in my house.  Oh wait, I know what is unfinished, Ursula, the yellow baby blanket.  And I supposedly have only 3 days left to finish her.  I just want you to know that I am officially off the hook on having the blanket done on time.  I was approached by a manager here at my place of work and was asked to work in another department this Saturday for 10 hours of OT.  I am already an idiot for trying to complete that blanket in such a short time, I would have been a certifiable idiot if I passed up 10 hours of OT!!  So I will not be attending the baby shower this Saturday and I will be at peace with finishing the blanket gradually but prior to the birth.  Can someone give me an Om mani padme hum or Amen, which ever you prefer?
 
Speaking of finishing what you have started; this month I have decided that I was going to start and finish the Monthly Dish Cloth patterns that I get from the group that I belong to.  I have been a member for about 4 months, they have 2 patterns a month and have only finished one.  Everyday I get emailed to me 10 lines of the pattern, 10 lines only and I still couldn't complete one.  So this month I am making up for my slacker ways, I casted on for 2 and will have them done at the same time.  In all honesty, 10 rows of knitting on a dishcloth is not that much, so there is no reason that I couldn't get 2 done.
 
On another note, I again have been sucked up into the American Idol craze.  I watched last nights show and I just have to say, some mothers should invoke a little bit of tough love on their kids.  I know we all should support our children in what ever they want to do, but to allow your child to audition for a show that you know full well that they humiliate those without talent is not doing your tone deaf child a favor.  Some of those people really can't understand why there were not chosen, they are a taco short of a combo plate and then prove it to the world when they leave the audition room.  Enough said. 
 

2 comments:

  1. I never watched American Idol until last night, when I had seen Simon on Ellen talking about how awful Seattle was and decided I needed to see what the fuss was all about.

    .............don't you wish your girlfriend was a freak like me...........

    Silly me, I thought all this time is was a talent contest, when it really is a comedy show.

    Regarding your dishcloth, good luck with that. I am doing them primarily as a way to lean new knitting skills and I don't think I can tackle a long project like a sweater.

    I have a short attention span.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love american idol . . . I someone think that they purposely get people who can't sing for means of humor to liven up the show.

    Package is in the mail :) final one :((((,
    my blog address is www.
    oh, its on the box I just mailed you!
    Secret Pal . . . Pennie :)

    ReplyDelete