Friday, November 09, 2007

Knitting and Love

I love my niece and nephew, a lot. You will know how much when I show you the finished objects, but for now, these are just progress photos. I went down to visit them back in September and had a great time. That is when I started the "missing" socks, the ones that have never been delivered still. While visiting, I opened my mouth and said, "You know, I could knit them (the kids) matching sweaters for your family Christmas photos." Now, I in no way am regretting this moment at all, but I have to admit at times it is overwhelming to think about all the knitting that I have committed myself to completing. These sweaters will be the first to complete because of their deadline. My niece and nephew are little, 5 and 3 respectively, so I chose to knit something fairly simple with room to grow for them. This is a ribbed drop shoulder sweater from the Debbie Bliss Easy Knits book. The sweaters are going to be the same style but in contrasting color schemes. Pictured is my nieces sweater, I have completed the front and the back and now have casted on for the sleeves. All the pieces will be done this weekend. Then on to the little guys!


1 comment:

  1. What lucky kids to have a such a loving knitty aunt! Love the colors!
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete