Monday, February 05, 2007

Lions, Tigers, Bears and Colts? Oh My!!

Well the Bears came out strong, but they just couldn't pull it off. I could not care which team won the Super Bowl, honestly. They both had really good reasons to cheer for them. I am just glad that the team with the black coach won! (Just for those of you that don't know me personally, that was me joking and my boyfriend is black. So please save your comments!)

On to knitting... In the effort to journal all my finished objects, here is the bag that I made my sister-in-law Crystal for Christmas 2006. Yes, it is February and guess what, I will have one more once I can get to my friend Irene's to get the photo. I know, I know, you are supposed to take the photo before gifting. I was finishing the thing 10 minutes before I handed it to her. I just got caught up in the excitement. And since I had not made anything for myself as of yet, I decided to create this little number, Rick Rack Bag.
My co-worker Holly reluctantly modeled the bag. Can you see her enthusiasm? Oh and I have made myself a black scarf out of 100% Alpaca, that photo to come later on my FO page.

I went to Purlescense on Sunday for their Super Super Yarn Sale on Super Bowl Sunday. I took advantage of the 20% off and bought 3 Addi Turbo needles that I am going to need when my yarn that I ordered comes in for my first sweater. It is always a fun time when I go in there, it is one of my favorite places to go and knit. You can always see someone that you know and have the opportunity to meet new gifted knitters too! After my stint at the yarn store, I came home to care for my sick boyfriend Sensei. He was battling a really bad cold. I made some snack type food, Super Bowl food you know. We had mini pizzas, turkey sandwiches and homemade salsa. Yes, I made salsa and guess what I learned? A little orange habenarro pepper goes A LONG WAY!! I knew it was hot, but I didn't realize that it would take the skin off my lips. I had to add more and more tomatoes and such to thin out the fire that was brewing in the salsa. When it was all said and done, I had made a fantastic salsa, we'll be eating salsa with everything for a month. I had to have made about a gallon of salsa, no lie.

1 comment:

  1. It was fun meeting you too!! I hope to see you there again soon! I soooo have to come out and knit more often. My sanity depends on it! And bring some of that salsa, I'm such a chips and salsa gal!

    ReplyDelete