Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Clever Blog Title? Not today!

I had a nice weekend, Saturday after class at the dojo, I went to Purlescence and hung out with Nathania and Kevin for a while. We had a good time chatting about anything and everything. I bought the Ribby Pulli pattern, I love the fact that you get essentially 4 patterns in one. I really want to knit the short sleeve scoop neck version. Maybe some Bamboo yarn will do well with that.


Then on Sunday, Sensei and I went to San Francisco to play golf and visit my mom. When I used to live in SF I would go and play 9 holes at the Golden Gate Golf Course and I thought that Sensei would really enjoy the green hills and the short course. I didn't play that well this time around until I got to the last hole and I just nailed that ball, out drove both men that I was playing with. It was great! Then I chipped it up on the green and single put for par. Too bad that I could not have gotten in the groove a bit earlier.

After golf, we went to my moms to visit and she was showing me all the great stuff she has been doing. My mother is a second time ovarian cancer survivor and she has been involved with volunteer group at California Pacific Medical Center where she herself has spent many of weeks as a patient. As a part of her volunteer work she has used her hobby to spread a little joy and strength, the Bravery Bracelet. She has given several out to patients at CPMC and they all have seemed to really enjoy getting a handmade gift from someone who knows exactly what they are going through.

She has a fantastic inventory of beads to make just about anything you can think of. She also showed me so other pieces at she has created and I of course said that I liked one on particular if it was in shades of red, what else would you expect? So that was on Sunday afternoon around 4pm. What did I get in the mail today, Tuesday? You guessed it, she made my red bracelet. My mom loves me. Now if I could only knit as fast as she can make jewelry I would be thrilled!! So anyway, I put it on immediately and have been showing off my mothers piece to everyone here at work. Lots of oooh's and ahh's. I am pretty proud of her volunteer work and her hobby that keeps her busy in the big city. Here is her eBay store.


On another note, I was asked recently if I ever found my phone, the answer to that is yes. My friend Micki showed up at the dealership the day after I bought the new one and explained that she had not checked her email and didn't know that I was looking for it yet. She happened to need something out the of glove box of her car and when she opened the door, there it sat. So I have the sliver shit back. She is pretty scratched up (I have dropped her to many times) but she works great and has every number that I have ever needed stored. So I am happy to have gotten her back. The other thing I am happy about is the Classic Elite Wool Bam Boo that I bought at Purlescence. It is great yarn! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It is springy and shows great stitch definition. I made a swatch of stockinette and rib together and have carried it around in my purse for about 2 weeks to see how it would hold up (a suggestion from Janet, she is quite a great help to me, I *heart* her.) I am soooo excited to knit this yarn. I am going to make a t-shirt or vest or tank sort of thing. I have some patterns that I have in mind, but please if you have any recommendations, now is the time to speak or forever hold your peace, ( that is a phrase that you don't hear that often. I know of one occasion that I should have heard it!)

4 comments:

  1. Hey Lis....thanks so much for all the kind words (and free advertising!)...and you are right, your mom loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I bought the Ribbi Pulli pattern last week as well! Very cool. I think I am going to knit the long sleeved, mock turtle version. I am looking forward to knitting it up!!!!! Nathania made it look very nice and comfy and with some Louet Gems yarn it will be soft and washable. Yum. What are you going to use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww . . . I *heart* you too!

    I love the idea of the Bravery Bracelets and the red one you got is extra special.

    The Classic Elite red is beautiful! (And hooray for getting your phone back!)

    ReplyDelete