Monday, March 05, 2007

No focus

I am trying to gain focus in my life, all aspects, not just knitting and I am having a very hard time. I have a list of things to do, it is a long list and one in which has tasks on them that are very time sensitive which could mean trouble for me if not completed. If you don't already know this about me, here I am confessing to the world that "I am a procrastinator!" I will procrastinate EVERYTHING, even knitting (my passion in life.) The procrastinating has gotten out of hand. Partly due to the fact that I have never suffered sever consequences due to my "putting if off to later" act. Not that I am asking to get slapped with a hurtful repercussion to what some would call laziness. I don't believe it to be laziness at all. I think I am having a sever lack of focus and or concentration that has been lasting for about 7 years at least from what I can remember.

My knitting projects are a good analogy of the lack of focus. I have no less than 12 WIP's (works in process) that I have going. I know that is not a lot to some and to others they may think I am insane. To me, 12 is a lot! I believe in having more than one project going at a time but this is seriously ridiculous for me, only me. One of the twelve was supposed to be a Christmas gift, has anyone noticed what month we are in? I could list the twelve projects but that would only create more of a lack of focus. And to add to the problem I keep seeing new yarns to buy that I could knit for myself to wear when the weather is warmer. I know, cry me a river, start the violins.

However I did not have any lack of focus when it came to watching a movie this weekend. Saturday night Sensei and I went to see Zodiac. I thought it was great. I love non-fiction movies. I am sure that they took some creative license, but it did stated they used actual case files. What was odd for me was I used to live in Vallejo and had been several times to the park off Columbus Parkway that he killed the young couple. Now I was not even a glimmer in my dads eye when that took place, but still it was weird to me. The movie was filmed well, the costumes and music was time appropriate. There are some very thrilling moments but not a lot of gore. Not to mention, it has a very big cast of stars. Go see it if you like non-fiction movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment